Spanning thousands of kilometers of roads, emergency call boxes are critical for the safety and security of road users. Barantech’s rugged piezoelectric technology provides durable, all-weather switches and buttons for these remotely located and unattended boxes, that are exposed to the harshest elements – ensuring they never freeze or jam, and enable drivers in distress to use the emergency buttons to call for help.
Remote emergency call boxes save lives, and must be fully operational at all times, with switches and panels of the utmost quality:
- Innovative switches – Momentary dry-contact one push piezo switch with customized ultra-bright LED dot for visibility and ease of use.
- Coverage of hundreds of kilometers – Enabling operation of remote, unattended call boxes for the provision of emergency services.
- Ultra-rugged controls – Patented encapsulation technology hermetically seals the electronics, making switches impervious to water and chemicals.
- Programmable self-diagnostics – Unique module with intelligence capable of integrating seamlessly with communication protocols to ensure operational reliability.
- Low maintenance – Built to last, with minimal maintenance, switches conform to IP68 and operate smoothly from -40ºC to +85º
- Freedom of design – Full engineering support for HMI design, to ensure the best UX even in times of emergency and crisis.
- Metal housing – Unique design with no moving parts eliminates switch failure due to intensive use, motion, friction, dirt, moisture, ice and vandalism.