Barantech’s contribution to the accessibility revolution: durable pedestrian crosswalk buttons designed to enable children, the disabled and people with special needs to cross roads safely.
Contact piezo switches are both vandal-proof and weather-proof, offering a reliable and functional solution for municipalities.
City streets are a challenge, and Barantech’s pedestrian crosswalk buttons are up to it:
- Unique encapsulation technology – Buttons are specially engineered to be impervious to rain, sleet, humidity, vibration, dirt, bug infestation and flooding.
- Customizable – Engineering support enabling custom design of the push buttons to various shapes, sizes, colors and materials.
- Maintenance free – Stainless steel switch mechanisms are built to last despite heavy use/traffic.
- Stress tested – Switches are stress tested to provide reliable functioning up to 50 million cycles, operating smoothly from -20°C to +75°C
- Vandal proof – In the urban environment, buttons need to be ultra-strong to withstand anything from malicious abuse by a rock, skateboard, baseball bat or boot.
- Cost saving – Solid-state construction virtually eliminates repair and replacement costs.